- my perfect (for me) husband. I couldn't ask for a more thoughtful, kind, patient, gentle, funny, hard-working, smart, generous, tall husband and I appreciate him every day for being in my life.
- my sweet kiddos. I know I've blogged plenty about all of their wonderfulness, but sometimes I just look at Ethan and Lilah and tear up because I am their mother! They make me so happy and help me try a lot harder to be who I want to be.
- our cozy apartment and cars that work. I think having been on my own, moving around, living in my parent's basement (thank you!), wrecking my car, etc. has made me especially thankful for our own little place that feels like home. And the old truck and smashed-up Civic that get us where we need to be.
- extended family. We were able to see all of James' family last Christmas and some of them this year and I love getting to know them and be part of such a big, amazing family. I love that my family is close enough that we get to visit for weekends and holidays and any other time we feel the urge. Can't wait to see Mar and Dave at Christmas! (miss you, Nate!)
- James' job and school. I don't know if he's very thankful for it right now (he's so busy!), but I am completely thankful that he works so hard and is in such a good program and that we know he's working for a great degree and good job in the future. And I am so thankful to be able to stay home with my sweet kids. I know this is a blessing and the sacrifices are definitely worth it.
We had a happy Thanksgiving at my mom's house this year. She always makes the yummiest food and it's nice to just go relax and be spoiled. We spent the night so James and Scotty and Ethie could go to the Turkey Bowl in the morning. James has been teaching Ethie how to play football and he was so excited! He got right out there and played with the big boys! (he's in the brown shirt and James is in the black)
Mom invited some of her friends and the missionaries over for Thanksgiving dinner. James did the mashed potatoes because he is really good at it and I made an apple pie. Mom made everything else and it was yumm-o.