Background

Monday, September 13, 2010

We WILL be together forever someday

As if having a baby weren't exciting enough, we were able to go to the temple and be sealed as a family on September 4.  James' parents came to celebrate with us and meet their newest granddaughter, and it was wonderful to have them here for the weekend.  Saturday morning they headed to Birmingham to pick up Jeff, James' older brother, and then met us at Cracker Barrel for some southern food.   
Then we headed to the Birmingham temple for the sealing. My mom, Scotty, Karen (love her!), James' parents, and Jeff came with us, as well as Ethie-man, of course! I had never been to a sealing with children before, so I didn't really know what to expect. We had to leave the little ones while we got dressed, and it was hard for me to be apart from Lilah, but so worth it when I saw her again. James and I had time together to prepare for the sealing and I was overwhelmed with gratitude for him and the blessing of being married to each other. I was so happy to be in such a beautiful place with him and to be committing to each other again, for all time. It felt so symbolic and immense and I was just full of peace and love.  Here's the beautiful temple...






































We walked into the sealing room together and our family and friends were waiting for us. The sealer said some words and then we knelt across from each other and commited verbally to each other. I could have said "yes" a thousand times! I couldn't take my eyes off James and I was so excited for the opportunity to be with him forever. I think participating in the birth of Lilah together and the experience of being her parents has brought us so much closeness and dependence on each other and it felt so right to be recommiting at this time.

Then they brought in our sweet kids, Ethan and Lilah, and I couldn't stop the tears! Our family felt complete in that room, knowing that Ethan was already sealed to me, and that Lilah would soon be. They brought her over in a little white blanket and put her little hand on ours across the alter. She was, of course, completely peaceful and calm, as she was sealed to us. I can't remember much of what was said because I was so full of emotion and gratitude, but the message was that we are now officially joined together forever. I love the word "sealed" because it feels so permanent and binding. I love my little family so much!
Afterwards, we hugged all around and went outside to take pictures. So much joy in one little day...





































1 comment:

  1. "How sweet it is..." captures it perfectly. Such a joy to celebrate your sweet lives together. Blessings all over all of you! Dad/Mark

    ReplyDelete