Background

Friday, October 21, 2011

Apples

I love groupon.  Sometimes I am tempted to buy things I don't need, but sometimes the deals are just  so fun!

For instance, a while ago, I saw a groupon for apple picking in north Georgia.  It included the apples, a petting zoo, apple cannons, and a hayride.  How could I pass that up?  I convinced Mom to get one too, so last Saturday we all piled in her van and drove up to beautiful north Georgia.  It is so gorgeous in the fall with all the beautiful leaves and apple farms.  We brought a picnic to eat there and then did the activites.  Unfortunately, the camera died after the petting zoo, but we got a few fun pictures!





Lilah loves soft things, so this was perfect for her!

And Ethie is an animal man.  He loves all of them!





Hahahaha!








































After that, we went to pick apples, but the only ones left were the highest ones in the trees.  So James came to the rescue!  He put Ethie on his shoulders and they tossed them down.  Ethie loved it and the apples were big and yummy.  Then we shot some rotten apples out of a cannon and rode a trailer full of hay around the orchard.  The best part was the $1.00 butternut squashes, apple pastries, and apple cider slushies.  

I love fall and I love spending time with my family! 



1 comment:

  1. We just used our groupon last weekend too!! It was so fun :) love all your pictures! Miss seeing you on Sunday's but it looks like your doing great :)

    ReplyDelete