Background

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Storybook Wonderland

So I am a total sucker for holiday events and activities.  Especially if they are cheap/free.  There were always tons of things to do in Marietta around the holidays, but not so much in Carrollton.  I really wanted to do something festive before Ethie left, though, and then I found this!  

Tanner State Park in Carrollton had a storybook wonderland... for $5 total we got to roast marshmallows around a campfire, drink hot cocoa, listen to Mrs. Claus read Christmas stories, write letters to Santa, and go on a hayride around a lake decorated with Christmas-themed storybook characters.  How cute is that?!  It was even a little bit cold, so it was the perfect Christmas activity!  I'm so glad my family will go along with me :)

Cute little rosy-red nose!

He must have roasted about 10 marshmallows!

Writing his Santa letter...even if we don't really do Santa :)





  

No comments:

Post a Comment