Background

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring break '13

Well, it's not feeling very much like spring around here.  But Ethie (excuse me, now he insists on me calling him "Ethan," sad) was out of school for a whole week and a day, so we had to do something fun!  Plus I figured this is probably the last fun little trip we will take as a family of 4 (since Ethie will be in Ohio in June and baby comes in July)!  

I looked around online and asked people and it seems like the favorite place to go around here that's not too far is Branson, MO.  I kind of thought Branson was only for older folk to go watch some singing and dancing, but it was the perfect place for our little family getaway!  I found this place 




and with the spring break package, we got 2 nights at the inn, unlimited access to the indoor waterpark and pool, blacklight mini-golf, arcade spending money, 2 pizzas, and tickets to 2 shows!  It was perfect because it was a super cold weekend, but everything was located right around the inn, so we didn't have to go very far.  And we were constantly doing something!

Unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures because we were so busy having fun (so I guess that's a good thing :) .  Ethan's favorite was the indoor waterpark, especially playing water basketball with James.  Lilah loved going down the little waterslide on her tummy (over and over and over).  One night they had a family party at the arcade, so we stayed up with the kids til midnight, playing games and eating treats.  It was definitely vacation!
The favorite arcade prize...



















































I think because the shows were right at the inn, I expected them to be a little bit *lame*.  I made reservations for the "Comedy Jamboree" and "Amazing Pets Show" and they were awesome!!!  The comedy show was actually hilarious (although I seem to think everything's hilarious when I'm pregnant).  There were skits, audience participation, and even a non-funny group of singers.  It gave us a taste of what Branson is famous for and the kids even loved it too.  The pet show was their favorite, of course, and fun to watch with them!
Waiting for the show to start!


The only picture of the 4 of us together



















We also managed to visit the outlet stores and some local restaurants.  It was such a happy weekend with my family, with nothing to do but just have fun together!  Now back to reality...
My funny little cuties


1 comment: