Background

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Babymooners

Top 5 reasons we went to Savannah, GA last weekend:

1.  We spent our honeymoon in Savannah almost a year ago! 
2.  Baby girl is due in 6 weeks and we wanted a romantic getaway just the two of us.
3.  Ethie was still in Ohio until tomorrow, so this was our last chance to go.
4.  James had Monday off for Independence Day, and they were having fireworks on the beach.
5.  We love Savannah!  It is beautiful on the river and Tybee Island is full of fun.   

I can't believe it will be a year that we've been married!  We've been so busy that it has flown by!  We decided to go to Savannah for our honeymoon because it's fairly close (4 hours) and beautiful.  Plus Tybee Island is close by with a pretty beach and lots of yummy ice cream. 

Here is us on the river a year ago!  The boats are so pretty at night and the seafood is DELICIOUS! 












And here we are looking hot and in loove on the beach last year.













So this year we went to Tybee for fireworks on the beach Friday night



















and then played in the water the next day.  Well, one of us played and the other one relaxed :)  James had fun in the waves and I had fun watching him!  (Note: The very white legs soon became bright red legs.  Owww!) 


I can't believe I was in a swimsuit on the beach at 34 weeks pregnant, but it was so worth it!  James even dug me a hole for my belly and I got to lie on my stomach for the first time in many months :)















What a cute husband!!!








That night we went back to Savannah to share a seafood platter at Huey's, our favorite!  And we got to see more fireworks... 

They were beautiful over the river! 






















So happy to be back in Savannah one year later, still completely in love :)















And with our little love child on the way :)














Thank you for a wonderful weekend, sweetheart!

6 comments:

  1. Dang, you guys are sweet. Love the part about James digging a hole for your belly. Does that count as Lilah's first time in the sand then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! You guys are so cute! and I can't believe the little chica is coming so soon! I'm glad you're blogging. I will be a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so adorable!!! You are the cutest little pregnant woman ever!!! Sounds like an awesome trip!! I'm glad you got to get away one more time :)

    I'm excited to blog stalk you too - I hope that's ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! I miss seeing you all, especially little Ethan at church. I still have a gift for him. I'm happy to know you are blogging so I can keep up with your cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! I'm glad I found your blog and I love Savannah- you guys should def make it a family tradition!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that you had a belly-hole. That is so awesome! Glad you guys could celebrate in style!

    ReplyDelete