Background

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Family Ho Nu Nee Nee

Yes, that is what Ethan calls Family Home Evening. We've corrected him, but the name sticks. It's much more fun to say anyway :) So this week James gave an excellent lesson about following Jesus' example. And we had an awesome time singing "Do As I'm Doing." But the best part, I must say, was dessert. James bought me a funnel cake kit for Mother's Day and he's treated me a couple of times. His funnel cakes are even better than at the fair! He tops them with powdered sugar, whipped cream, fresh raspberries, yummy, yummy, stuff... We all thoroughly enjoyed them, even Woody.



I also have to post a couple from the day before.  Unfortunately, James was busy busy being a responsible student as usual, but the day was beautiful, so we went for a walk/bike ride and Lilah went down her first slide!  Don't worry, it was a very small slide.
If you'll notice Ethan's lip... the day before, he had a very unfortunate encounter with the pavement.  I actually stepped on his untied shoe and he went down face first in the parking lot.  There was lots of blood and tears, but fortunately, no more lost teeth.  Poor little guy!  I felt so bad for him, but he recovered enough to eat a hot dog that night, so I think he's okay. 

We also played train dominos and wrote a letter to a friend.  Ethie is very fun to hang out with!
And of course, Lilah was just busy being adorable...

I just love that little girl!

She's so happy and smiley, but sometimes it's hard to capture it.  Her favorite thing is when we hold her on the couch and she can look at the pictures behind us on the wall.  She smiles so big and talks to them! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment