Background

Friday, April 1, 2011

8 years ago...

A perfect little baby was born.

I only had two short days to spend with her before I placed her with the family that was meant for her.  During that precious time, I loved her as hard as I could and prayed that it would last her a lifetime.  And I prayed that her family could possibly love her as much as I did.
And they do!  And I love them for inviting sweet Hannah into their lives and their hearts and giving her all the love she deserves.  And I love them for giving her the most beautiful life and a sweet, loving family to surround her and lift her up.
I am so thankful for the blessing of adoption and how God can work miracles when we need him to.  I am so grateful that He let me know this was the right path for me and Hannah and that her parents were waiting for her.  I am thankful that she will be with them forever because I know that's where she needs to be.
So many people have asked me how I could possibly have let her go and don't I miss her so much.  Placing Hannah for adoption was THE hardest thing I've ever done.  I grieved before and after she was born that I couldn't be her mother.  I still have moments, especially in the springtime and around her birthday when I think about her a lot and wish I could be with her.  I've had two precious visits with her since she was born...
I love to see her because it confirms to me that everything I felt was right.  She is the happiest, sweetest girl and I can tell that she knows she is incredibly loved. And that's what I wanted for her!  Because I knew I couldn't be the mother she needed at the time, I needed to know that her family would give her everything I wanted to give her and couldn't.  God led me to her parents and that is the miracle of adoption.
Hannah's incredibly amazingly wonderful parents adopted another sweet girl and triplet boys.  So she is the oldest of five and apparently she loves it :)  I just love their beautiful family and I can't get enough of hearing about Hannah and the kiddos and seeing pictures of their family!  Her mom is so good at keeping me updated and letting me know what Hannah's up to and how she's doing.  I usually get a letter around her birthday, and a few in between and I just soak it all up!  Lovely Hannah is so full of life and joy and it melts my heart every time I see the smile on her face.


 I love adoption so much because it truly changes lives and makes miracles out of difficult situations.  I wish I could tell everyone what a blessing it can be (not for everyone, but for me it was) and how much I felt God's love for me throughout.  I always look back on that time when I need to remember that He will take care of me.  I wouldn't have chosen to go through such a hard thing, but He helped me through and brought wonderful blessings.  Hannah has blessed my life in so many ways and I will always be thankful for her beautiful pure spirit and for her sweet family.

Happy 8th birthday, Hannah dear!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how sweet! It's amazing what beautiful things can happen when we exercise faith, even in the hardest times. She's darling and you are truly amazing! There are so many reason I admire you, and the list just keeps on growing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how sweet! It's amazing what beautiful things can happen when we exercise faith, even in the hardest times. She's darling and you are truly amazing! There are so many reason I admire you, and the list just keeps on growing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear, dear, Lisa. This morning when I followed your e-mail to this blog, Iz started singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and needless to say here five minutes later my shirt-front and even a bit of the computer screen is wet with my tears. Thank you for reminding us that troubles can melt and that trees are green and that "babies cry and we watch them grow...they'll learn much more than we'll ever know." Your baby, and mine, have all kinds of lessons to teach. We are so grateful for you and for Hannah and for those lessons, and grateful for this wonderful world!

    Love,

    Dad and Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing story...thanks for sharing it. Hannah is a doll! I can't even imagine how hard that must have been but what a selfless act of service you performed by giving her the best life possible. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Lisa, thanks for sharing this. What a selfless Chist-like act. I can't even imagine. You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am truly moved this. Thanks for helping me to feel closer to our Father in Heaven through your story. I am left reminded of how blessed we will be when we have faith, even in the hardest of times. I look up to you. You truly amaze me. The past couple days you have popped into my mind. I was marveling about you. You are an amazing woman, mother to your children, and friend to me. Thanks for your example and for sharing your blog entry. You have been an answer to my prayers. It's wonderful to know you. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing, thank you Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lisa. Only a week after my first was born. You gave such a gift to this family and they must be as equally eternally grateful to you as you are of them. A beautiful story.
    Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete