Background

Thursday, April 21, 2011

I love to see

The temple!
In our church, the temple is a place to get married for eternity and perform other sacred acts.  The Atlanta temple was recently renovated and opened to the public for a few weeks before it is closed to only members of the church.  Last night, we got to go through with Mom and Scotty and it is beautiful! My favorite parts are the lovely flowers outside, the gorgeous stained glass windows, and the pictures of Jesus all around.

Ethan was super excited to be able to go in the temple and he asked me every day if it was time.  He even took invitations to his teachers at school.  He was a monkey while we were waiting before (pretty normal), but in the temple, he was really attentive and interested in looking all around and taking it all in.  The last room we went in was the sealing room, where couples are married.  No one was really talking during the tour, except the tour guide, but Ethie raised his hand after sitting in there for a minute.  The tour guide was a little hesitant to acknowledge him, but Ethie said, "I like the temple.  I went there before when we got married forever.  I love the temple."  It was sweet!

This picture makes me laugh... Scotty... Lilah...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment