Background

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Costa Rica!

No, we didn't go there.  Someday!  But James treated us to the most delicious, homemade, authentic Costa Rican food!  He went on his mission to Costa Rica about 10 years ago and has very fond memories of the food.  And now I see why--it was delicious!!!
I don't know what this is called but it's like black bean dip with fried plantain chips--yumm! 
We are excited!

Black beans and rice with lots of spices and toppings.  So good!!! 
Haha, I think Ethie loved it too!


1 comment:

  1. The fried plantain chips are called patacones -- green platains fried, smashed, and fried again. One of my favorites from Costa Rica. The rice and bean dish is gallo pinto. Delicious, even better with tico sauce, but I don't know if that's available in the states. Avocados, tomatoes, eggs, and fried ripe plantains on the side. Mmm... I'm gonna have to cook that stuff more often.

    ReplyDelete