Background

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Our nest

I think it is safe to say that I'm officially "nesting."  And apparently, James is too!  We've been working on several projects and almost have the house ready for baby!  I really wanted to get as much done before baby as possible, since we will have family visit and I know I won't be able to get much done after baby's here.  Plus it's nice to feel settled in our home!
We bought this table and bench on Craigslist.  It was VERY scratched and dinged, so James sanded it smooth and I stained the top of it.  I didn't like the stain, so we resanded it and painted it black.  We like it now :)








This is what our fireplace looked like when we moved in.  I've never liked the dark wood cause it doesn't match our furniture and seemed to darken the room.


























So we painted it cream to match the rest of the trim and doors!  Makes the room feel much lighter.
This was a hand-me-down glider a friend gave us a year after Lilah was born.  It was light oak and the cover was torn and old. So I recovered it and painted it!  Excited to have a glider for this baby!

We love this play space upstairs.  James found the train table on sale for $8!  We had everything else and it's so nice to have a place to put all the toys!  And the prayer flags (thank you, Dad)!


I covered some old cork boards I had with fabric for Lilah's room.  We found her dresser and bed on Craigslist for cheap!
I finally finished making her curtain!  It wasn't as easy as it looks :)

Ethie's room is the biggest!  I still need to finish his curtains and bedskirt, but I don't think he cares :)

Love this "E" that a kind friend quilted for him!

The garden!  We started small this year with tomatoes, broccoli, beans, carrots, radishes, and zucchini.  The zucchinis have definitely done the best, and we have some big tomatoes coming!  Good job, James :)

This fence was totally broken when we moved in, so James used pieces of other fences to fix it!  He is amazing.


We love having a home to make our own!!!  Now we can't wait for this baby to get here :)



No comments:

Post a Comment