Background

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy and 30

So.... no baby yet!  I know, it feels like it's taking forever for us too!  We realize that the due date is just an estimate and she doesn't know when it is, so she will come when she's ready.  However, once that date hit (August 12), we have been more than ready for her to come!  Since I turned 30 on August 14, we thought she might choose that day.  I just didn't want her born on Friday the 13th (even though Scotty turned out fine :) and I'm actually pretty happy that she will get her own birthday and not have to share with me. 

I didn't really have any plans for my birthday since I didn't know what baby girl was going to be doing.  However, I have a wonderfully thoughtful husband who is Excellent at birthdays and other significant events.  I can always count on him doing something seriously sweet.  I'm the one who has to keep up!

We had a nice day together... James made french toast, we went swimming, took Ethie to a big brother class at the hospital (too cute--he changed a diaper!), and when we got home, James decided to make dinner.  Oh my gosh, I don't know how he does it!  He went to the store and came home and created the most delicious dinner ever!  Ashley and Brandon came over to help us enjoy it and we ENJOYED it!  It was amazing.

Homemade chicken parmigiana (with fresh basil sauce), spaghetti, and steamed broccoli...

 And then he created a cookie cake for dessert since I'm not a huge fan of regular cake...
Nice hubby!  Then he told me he couldn't wrap my present, but I closed my eyes and he brought out a...

cute pink bike!!!  He and Ethie both have bikes and I have a bike trailer (thanks, Dad!) but no bike.  So apparently he had been looking for a while and done lots of research and found me this perfect pink cruiser.  I think maybe it's the baby girl inside me, but I'm all about pink these days.  I love it!  Can't wait til I can ride!

The next day we went to Mom's for a birthday dinner (also delicious) and gifts.  Thanks for all the love!
So, no baby birthday present, but I felt loved and blessed.  And I still have something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment