Background

Friday, August 13, 2010

The waiting game...

So yesterday baby girl was officially "due."  However, after watching "The Business of Being Born", an amazing video about natural birth, James and I have decided that this date is completely arbitrary and we need to support little girl in coming when she's ready!  So although we are completely ready to meet the little one, I am seriously enjoying this last little while with her inside me.  It's so quiet around here!  I am, however, getting pretty huge...

How can my belly get bigger than that???  I feel good though and I just LOVE feeling her move inside me!  I know I will miss that. Yesterday, the midwife was surprised and I was way more surprised to find that I am dilated to 4 cm.  She said labor could happen any time now, and I have been having some mighty contractions!  But in the mean time, we've been keeping ourselves busy!

Swimming...

Bowling...  It's free for kids on Wednesdays--awesome!


Also free observatory at the Fernbank Museum on the weekends!  There's even a little museum that's open...

Free Target Tuesday at the children's museum in Atlanta... See a theme here? :)



Free spirit activities at Georgia Tech.  I had to convince James that he wanted to have school spirit... he said he used it all up as an undergrad :)




Family yoga time... we like cheap entertainment!



And definitely not free, but COMPLETELY worth the money, Arcade Fire and Spoon in concert!!!  Two of James' favorite bands, together!  A few months ago, we found out they were coming to Atlanta and I told James that I was not going to a concert the day before our due date and if he was a good dad, he shouldn't either.  However, as the time approached and I knew baby wasn't coming, I realized the error of my ways and got tickets for us and Scotty.  Oh my goodness, I think that was the best concert I have ever seen.  We were all seriously blown away and I just didn't want it to end.  Such good music!!!  Thank you, baby, for waiting until after the concert to join us!

Spoon...
Arcade Fire...
And us, sweaty and happy!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having an amazing summer, and making good use of every day until baby comes! If I had read your blog before going to Facebook, I would have known what your midwife said at the last visit. Sounds like it may go fast when Lilah is ready! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete