Background

Friday, March 4, 2011

New skillz

It's been over a week since I posted.  I know, I can't believe it either.  Here are some pictures for fun :)
 
Anyway, we had a fun time last weekend in Carrollton and got to spend lots of time with family!  Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera since I had loaned it to a friend, so no pictures.  I might put some on here later though, if I can snag some from Dad. 

We got to visit Dad and Jeanette and see Uncle Pete!  It was so wonderful to spend some time with him; what a sweet, kind man!  We also got to see Dad and Jeanette perform some folk songs at an wonderful Empty Bowls benefit for the soup kitchen and went home with some beautiful handmade ceramic bowls.  Lilah was in a happy mood and she and Ethie enjoyed the music and soup (which she dumped all over Daddy's lap--oops)!

Saturday, Mom watched Ethie and Lilah all day while we went to the temple with friends.  That was the longest we've left Lilah and I'm glad I don't have to leave her often.  It's hard to be away from that little sweetie-pie!  Mom said Lilah was fine as long as she was holding her, which is usually the case.  It gave them some good bonding time and I didn't worry about her, so thank you, Mom! 

And lastly, since Lilah's 6-month mark, she has developed some new tricks!  She's much better at sitting now, with only the occasional tip-over.  She loves being able to be upright to play with her toys.  She's started saying "mamamamama," which of course makes me immensely happy, even though I don't think she knows what she's saying.  And she can move!!!  Lilah is especially happy about this last one, since she can get to things she wants.  Thus begins the baby-proofing...


   Ethie is always so cute with her, giving her toys and making her smile.  It's so fun to watch them interact and I just love how much they love each other.  She really adores him and he loves being the big brother!  Cuties!

2 comments:

  1. Alright, where do we begin... Look how long her hair is growing?! We always love the little bows and headbands, Lisa. You've really captured her sweet smile and effervescent personality. Ethie IS so very sweet with her and his tender smile shows he's having a good time, too. We can't wait to see the video of her saying "mama" soon. We love spending time with all of you and will send along those pictures soon. It was so reassuring to see your smiling faces at our first big performance. Thanks so much for sharing your lives with us.
    Love,
    Jeanette and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, she's getting so big!! I love that she has new tricks to - I can't wait for Savannah to have some of her own!! What a cute family :)

    ReplyDelete