Background

Monday, March 7, 2011

Sew fun

I figured it was time for me to learn how to sew.  With a little girl around, there are just too many cute things to make!  And happily,  sweet Mom loaned me her nice sewing machine to learn on.  I'm learning as I go, but it's relaxing and I like having something when I'm done! 

My first project was a car seat cover.  Sometimes Lilah falls asleep in her seat and I wanted something to cover her so she wouldn't wake up (this happens often at karate).  It took me all day to make, trying to figure out the sewing machine and playing with the little miss.  It's not perfect, but it works!

And a flower for the little pumpkin to wear to church today.  Not that she needs help being cute!


4 comments:

  1. Way to go Lisa! Very cute projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I would love to have that little flower pattern- do you have a link or?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you've never sewn before? Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everyone! Fortunately, the picture doesn't really show any mistakes I may or may not have made. And Eve, you could totally do these flowers. I found the tutorial for the carseat flowers here (http://sewritzytitzy.blogspot.com/2008/11/from-annas-gardenfabric-flower-tutorial.html) and then modified it with felt but the same idea. Yay for another little girl for you to dress up! :)

    ReplyDelete