Background

Friday, January 21, 2011

Green smoothies

I've been craving these lately and haven't made them in a long time, so last night I made green smoothies.  I've discovered that people are much more willing to try them if you call them that instead of spinach smoothies.  And they are very delicious!   
I just filled the blender with fresh spinach, some o.j., bananas, pineapple, strawberries, vanilla yogurt and ice.  Blend together and you have a healthy, yummy green smoothie!

Ethie looked at it and made a face.  I told him to try one sip and after he did he said, "Just kidding, it's good."  James was a fan and obviously Lilah is too!  She was watching us drink it and kept opening her mouth for a bite, so we let her try a little bit.  That little girl loves food and she will kick and grab our spoons until she gets some!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy and nutritious, too. That Lilah just makes our hearts open up and smile. I love her looking straight into the camera at the end of the video. Thanks so much for sharing your life with us.
    Love,
    Jeanette and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do taste pretty good, but I suspect you're adding more and more spinach every time.

    ReplyDelete